- Student Opportunities
south east essex college newsletter
Dr Siva here, Chief Mentor at Medic Mentor.
The end of the academic year is fast approaching and students are running out of time to apply for Medicine.
To help with this,, we will be running two free Get into Medicine Conferences to help guide them through this process. This will be their last chance to access one of these conferences this academic year.
The next available Get into Medicine Conference dates are:
Sunday 12th June
Sunday 26th June
These conferences cover everything students need to know about the UCAS application and give them a chance to speak to Doctors and Medical School Students. They can register here: https://airtable.com/shr66li3bqG3ZpkPM
Dr Iain Kennedy and I lead these conferences from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm to provide a comprehensive guide to the Medical School application process, including:
Personal Statement Advice
How to Approach the UCAS Application
Entrance Exams: BMAT and UCAT
Accessing Medical Leadership Programmes, Award Programmes, and Scholarships to Study Medicine at University
Students also hear from recently successful applicants to Medicine. They share their insight into the application process and how to make yourself the ideal candidate.
As I’m sure you are aware, applications to study medicine are extremely competitive. Students who receive help and insider advice from Doctors and Medical School Students are equipped with the best chances of success.
Students can register using this link: https://airtable.com/shr66li3bqG3ZpkPM. I would greatly appreciate it if you shared this information with them.
I highly recommend students attend a Get into Medicine conference as early as possible. This will give them more time to prepare for upcoming exams and perfect their application to medicine.
If you or your students need any more information, do feel free to visit our website: https://medicmentor.co.uk/medicine-national-healthcare-weekend/
Please note that students must have a parent or guardian with them throughout the conference for safeguarding purposes.
- Beyond the Classroom
- Career and Work Related Education (CWRE) and Information, Advice and Guidance Policy
- Careers & Work Related Education Programme
- Gatsby Benchmarks and the Career Development Institute (CDI) Framework
- Careers In The Curriculum
- Do Your Own Research
- Local Labour Market Information - What's happening in Essex
- Career Talks
- Useful Documents
- Prepare For UCAS
- Business Technology Vacancies
- Creative Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Degree Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Engineering Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Finance Apprenticeship Vacancies
- General Opportunities
- Law Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Work Experience
- Latest University Information/Newsletters
- Medicine Careers
- General Apprenticeships
- STEM Opportunities
- Customer Service Apprenticeships
- Explore Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Archived Items
- Student Outcomes
- Student Opportunities
- Year 11 Student Destinations
- Year 13 Student Destinations
- Engineering Degree
- Insight into careers - A view from those who do the job.
- Career Opportunities
- Cultural Capital and Social Mobility
- Next Steps
- SEND and Young Carers
- Career Talks at WHSG
- Exams Information
- Requests to Reduce Curriculum
- Personal Development and Relationship and Sex Education
- Year 9 Options