We are a successful academy grammar school with high aspirations for all our students and believe strongly that building students’ learning capacity has the power to transform lives.
We have an excellent staff who support the students in all their learning and extra-curricular activities. We are a friendly school and one which provides an encouraging environment in which pupils can pursue a diverse range of activities. We have an enviable reputation for our work ethic and the school is regularly in the top 100 of all state schools for our performance at GCSE and Advanced Level.
Our reputation for our excellent pastoral care is strong and we have developed our systems to ensure that every pupil feels safe and cared for in our school so that they are able to achieve, reach their potential and face the future with confidence and high self-esteem.
We have built a strong position in the field of music and school musical productions. Over the past few years we have produced and performed a number of high quality shows including We Will Rock You, Hairspray, A Chorus Line, Chicago and Grease.
Our sporting successes have grown over the past two years. We reached the Regional Finals for both Cross Country and Athletics; we are Southend Borough Swimming Champions, Borough Rounders Champions, Borough Champions at Netball for Year 9 and Under 16 and Essex Plate Netball winners at Year 7.
Westcliff High School for Girls is a National Teaching School. This means we have been selected by the National College for Teaching and Leadership to be a hub of excellent practice for sharing and developing the teaching profession.
All our students in Years 7-11 are girls and we are pleased to welcome boys into our Sixth Form. Entry to the school at the age of 11 is through selection tests administered by the Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex (CSSE). Details of the application process can be found in a link above.
Thank you for your interest in our school and I encourage you to have a look round our website and gain an insight into Westcliff High School for Girls and the wonderful education it offers.
|Approved Shoe Styles||25th Sep 2018||Download|
|Yr 7 Parents' Information Evening Presentation||24th Sep 2018||Download|
|My Child at School Presentation||20th Sep 2018||Download|
|Brochure||29th Jan 2019||Download|
|Summer Reading for Year 6||24th Jun 2020||Download|
|Term Dates 2020-21||04th Sep 2020||Download|
|UCAS PS 2020 Humanities||02nd Nov 2020||Download|
|UCAS PS 2020 Medical Sciences||02nd Nov 2020||Download|
|UCAS PS 2020 Sciences||02nd Nov 2020||Download|
|UCAS PS 2020 Social Sciences||02nd Nov 2020||Download|
|Work Experience 2020||30th Nov 2020||Download|
|FAQs 11 entry 2021||02nd Dec 2020||Download|
|Year 8 Options booklet 2020||14th Feb 2020||Download|
About our School
- Headteacher's Welcome
- School Vision
- British Values Statement
- Our Equality Objectives
- Leadership Team & Key Contacts
- Ofsted Information
- South East Essex Academy Trust
- Policies and statutory information
- Document Zone
- Teacher Training
- Cultural Capital and Social Mobility
- @whsg1920Congratulations to Aanya! https://t.co/CCumcupuAnFollow Us
- @whsg1920Here's a peek of the work our students have been up to in their art lessons! They are working with oil pastels to create impressionist drawings. https://t.co/s2l67AdqMmFollow Us
- @whsg1920Charity Week starts tomorrow! There are still a few tickets left for Year 8 to watch Enola Holmes; grab them quickly! https://t.co/jWX9CT6XZxFollow Us
- @whsg1920Congratulations to Blessing! We can't wait to see her perfomance at the Grand Final! https://t.co/UhSWNvAt9XFollow Us
- @whsg1920Welcome back to all of our students and staff! https://t.co/rZnhatwZ4eFollow Us
- @whsg1920• AUSTRIA SKI TRIP • Letters will be coming out soon about the places left on our February 2022 Ski Trip to Dachstein West, Austria! There are only a few places left and spaces will be given out on a first come first served basis so make sure you get in quickly! https://t.co/1UeG3Nw95tFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @whsg_biologyVery creative/tasty models of Neurones made by year 10 this week! Well done! https://t.co/pmY0VJmKlmFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @emmanuelaccess🤔Interested in Oxford/Cambridge? 👩💻 Want to learn more about how to get there? 🌟 If you are a Y11/12 student in Essex, Thurrock or Southend-on-Sea, then our new program with @HertfordCollege may be for you! Find out more here! >> https://t.co/EjlKHEeVqB << https://t.co/PNRAsdz3BzFollow Us
- @whsg1920Have you seen Lucinda in our library? She needs help with her winter coat! If you'd like a chance to have your artwork shown in Southend's @HaresAboutTown Trail, pick up a design template at @Librarywhsg and get drawing! Deadline for applications is Friday 23rd October. https://t.co/Q94ivCSgNzFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @TheParentsZone📢 Schools 📢 RT this list of #cyberbullying digital drop-ins for parents. They're FREE and full of practical tips. Monday, 4.30: https://t.co/2REyN5VAjE Tuesday, 4.30: https://t.co/LoDSFaySAm Wednesday, 4.30: https://t.co/pWqG1GEM34 Thursday, 4.30: https://t.co/AwSPyIU3Gd https://t.co/hPuhupQFsbFollow Us