We are a successful academy grammar school with high aspirations for all our students and believe strongly that building students’ learning capacity has the power to transform lives.
We have an excellent staff who support the students in all their learning and extra-curricular activities. We are a friendly school and one which provides an encouraging environment in which pupils can pursue a diverse range of activities. We have an enviable reputation for our work ethic and the school is regularly in the top 100 of all state schools for our performance at GCSE and Advanced Level.
Our reputation for our excellent pastoral care is strong and we have developed our systems to ensure that every pupil feels safe and cared for in our school so that they are able to achieve, reach their potential and face the future with confidence and high self-esteem.
We have built a strong position in the field of music and school musical productions. Over the past few years we have produced and performed a number of high quality shows including We Will Rock You, Hairspray, A Chorus Line, Chicago and Grease.
Our sporting successes have grown over the past two years. We reached the Regional Finals for both Cross Country and Athletics; we are Southend Borough Swimming Champions, Borough Rounders Champions, Borough Champions at Netball for Year 9 and Under 16 and Essex Plate Netball winners at Year 7.
Westcliff High School for Girls is a National Teaching School. This means we have been selected by the National College for Teaching and Leadership to be a hub of excellent practice for sharing and developing the teaching profession.
All our students in Years 7-11 are girls and we are pleased to welcome boys into our Sixth Form. Entry to the school at the age of 11 is through selection tests administered by the Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex (CSSE). Details of the application process can be found in a link above.
Thank you for your interest in our school and I encourage you to have a look round our website and gain an insight into Westcliff High School for Girls and the wonderful education it offers.
About our School
- Headteacher's Welcome
- School Vision
- British Values Statement
- Our Equality Objectives
- Leadership Team & Key Contacts
- Ofsted Information
- South East Essex Academy Trust
- Policies and Statutory Information
- Document Zone
- Teacher Training
- Cultural Capital and Social Mobility
- @whsg1920Get prepared for the holidays and order your discounted Adventure Island bands for just £15! Select 'BIG BAND Adventure Island Wristbands' on ParentPay and tickets can be collected from the finance office. All tickets must be collected by 12:00noon on Fri 16th July. https://t.co/3KDBE4c4l0Follow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @SET_ScienceIf you haven't been able to experience required science practicals first hand this year, you might be interested in joining us at our upcoming face to face 'Closing the practical gap in science' CPD running @WHSG1920 on Fri 9 July: https://t.co/r7Tu8zMtke #secondaryscience #STEM https://t.co/F89IrxxXwQFollow Us
- @whsg1920We've extended our application deadline! Required to start as soon as possible; we are seeking an efficient and committed individual to take responsibility for organising school trips and visits, maintain the school website and calendar, and manage our social media. Apply now! https://t.co/khr37py138Follow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @LibrarywhsgToday is Empathy Day! By reading stories you can build on your ability to empathise with others and make a better world. Type Emapthy Day into the Library catalogue to see the books from previous years. #happyempathyday #empathyday2021 #todayisagooddaytoread #GreatSchoolLibraries https://t.co/yINbkJiaZTFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @whsg_biologyCongratulations to our year 10 students who have achieved some excellent grades in this years British Biology Challenge. @UKBioComps 18.5% of year 10 achieved Silver or higher compared to 14% globally (26 silvers and 4 golds!).@WHSG1920 @RoyalSocBio https://t.co/W9fzUC7FZBFollow Us
- @whsg1920We're looking for a new Trips, Website and Social Media Administrator! Applications close Friday 11 June 2021 at midday. https://t.co/LPyEJ85IQEFollow Us
- @whsg1920We appreciate you and all you have done for us! https://t.co/BTKYBnCooLFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @SET_ScienceWe are delighted to announce that @SET_Science have been selected as the Specialist Delivery SLP for Biology by @STEMLearningUK. This role will be led by Matt King, Head of Biology at Westcliff High School for Girls: https://t.co/oW4n10g8Pg @whsg_biology @WHSG1920 #biology https://t.co/rvdlarNVczFollow Us
- @whsg1920We are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Cooper as Dr Hayman's successor, to be effective from 1st September 2021. https://t.co/J0QjOTH1F9Follow Us
- @whsg1920Congratulations to Rumaysa, Samira & Sumehra for their incredible entry into the 'Rethinking Languages through COVID-19' competition! https://t.co/zxQpiFlsSDFollow Us
- @whsg1920 retweeted @cs_essexWe are delighted to announce the launch of Pathways into Technology, a brand new video series created by young people, asking the right questions to inspire others into technology careers. https://t.co/0X3vbG5KuI @MrsSAHancock @RhodaQuist @ShorifaKhanam @Vanderpere @CareersWeek https://t.co/czvpOMN4bkFollow Us