In Year Admissions
In-Year Admissions (entry not via the eleven plus)
Parents who wish their daughter to be placed on the school's waiting list must complete and return the Waiting List request form.
When a space becomes available the Governors will invite applications to join a particular year group using the following procedure:
- Parents will be sent a school Application Form for completion and return.
- Applicants must be of the correct age for the year group they wish to join.
- The school will request a reference from your daughter's Headteacher, confirming that your daughter is currently working in the top 25% of the ability range. In the event that this is not available, other satisfactory evidence of your daughter's academic standard will be required.
- Applicants for entry in Years 7 and 8 will sit tests in English, Mathematics and Cognitive Ability.
- Applicants for entry in Years 9, 10 and 11 will sit tests in English, Mathematics, Science and either French or Spanish.
- Places will only be allocated to pupils who meet the minimum standards in the tests. Applicants must achieve a combined percentage in the tests equal to that of the average in the Year group they intend to join.
- If there are more applicants deemed to have met the required standard than there are places, then places will be awarded according to the schools oversubscription criteria for that year group.
No applicant may be considered more than once in any academic year.
At all stages in the process parents/carers have the statutory right of appeal to an independent Appeals Panel
Please select one of the Waiting List forms below. Once completed, the waiting list form will need to be addressed to:
Mrs J Mansfield, Admissions Officer,
Westcliff High School for Girls,